Homebase & Dulux Decorator Centre
We’ve partnered with Homebase to offer all colleagues affected by redundancies a guaranteed job interview for any of our live positions.
To apply, just send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you don’t have a CV, send an email with your name, address, contact details, your length of service at Homebase and some basic information about your role.
Once we hear from you, a member of our recruitment team at Manpower will be in touch to discuss vacancies, arrange your interview with a local manager and answer any questions you have. Here’s also a list of answers to questions you may have:
FAQ'S• How do I apply? Send an email preferably with your CV attached to email@example.com. A CV gives us a much better insight into your skills and experience so we can match you to a role more quickly. If you don’t have a CV please include on your email your name, address, contact details and some basic details of the roles you have held at Homebase, including for how long for.
• How will my application be managed? Manpower will manage your application on our behalf. As a Homebase employee you will automatically be invited to attend an interview for any live DDC store vacancies. We will also hold your details on file in case any suitable roles come up in the future.
• What is the interview process? You will be interviewed either by the Store Manager or a Regional Operations Manager depending on the role you have applied for. Interviews are a mixture of competency based interview questions and job specific questions which will help us understand your approach to customer service and how you could fit into a role within our business.
• What is the plan for Dulux Decorator Centre? We are expanding our DDC family and have opened a number of new store this year. Once you are part of the team there are opportunities to progress and develop within our business, whether that is promotion, sideways step into another business area or moving to a larger/more challenging store.
• What will the timescales be if I am successful in being offered a role? We will work with your existing manager at Homebase to make sure we have a mutually agreed date for you to join us, bearing in mind your existing contractual obligations and the confirmed final trading date of your store etc.
• I have applied for a role within DDC before but wasn’t successful, can I still be considered? Certainly! We would welcome your application, please apply as per the above.
• Who are Manpower and why will they be dealing with my application? Manpower are our trusted partner for recruitment in our DDC business. We have worked with Manpower on this basis for over 18 months and they understand the culture of our business well and share our goals and values.
• I don’t have a CV, I this a problem? It would be our preference that you send a CV to us as part of your application, although this isn’t essential. There are several free websites which will help you to put your CV together such as https://www.reed.co.uk/cvbuilder if you would like to do this.
• Who are AkzoNobel? We are experts in the proud craft of making paints and coatings, setting the standard in color and protection since 1792. Our world class portfolio of brands – including Dulux, Cuprinol, Polycell, International, Sikkens and Interpon – is trusted by customers around the globe. Headquartered in the Netherlands, we operate in over 80 countries and employ around 35,000 talented people who are passionate about delivering the high performance products and services our customers expect.
A key part of our business is our Dulux Decorator Centre, which have a presence all around the United Kingdom. We bring our customers the widest choice of products from brands including Dulux Trade, Armstead, Polycell Trade, Cuprinol, Sikkens and many more both online and from our 200+ stores nationwide.
• I’ve not worked across the paint category and don’t really know much about paint. Specific product knowledge is not a pre-requisite for our roles - you bring the passion and we’ll give you the skills! We believe that Homebase colleagues are a perfect fit for our business and would understand our customer base well. Full training is provided for all new colleagues.