Protection of your personal data is important to us. In this Privacy Statement we (“AkzoNobel” or “we” or “us”) explain how we process your personal data online and offline:
through our websites (“Websites”);
through our apps (“Apps”);
through our social media channels (“Our Social Media”);
through services we provide to you (“Services”).
Collectively, we refer to the Websites, the Apps, Our Social Media, Emails, and Services as the “Services.”
1. Why do we process your personal data?
We may process your personal data for the purposes described below.
To respond to your queries or communicate with you
When you submit your contact details to share a job opportunity on our website
We will process your personal data to share your contact details (business or private) on our Work-finder site. We may process your phone number, email address and any other information that you may provide to us in the open field entry of the form. Your phone number and email address will be publicly available once you submit in our site and it will be deleted when the job opportunity expires.
We process this information based on your consent, which can be
In general, we will use the personal data we collect from you only for the purposes described in this Privacy Statement or for purposes that we explain to you at the time we collect your personal data. However, if permitted by applicable data protection laws, we may also use your personal data for other purposes, provided they are not incompatible with the purposes we have disclosed to you.
If you provide us with information about someone else, please ensure you have that person’s permission to do so for the purposes detailed in this Privacy Statement. By providing personal data relating to another person, you confirm that you have their consent to do so or are entitled to consent to the processing on their behalf (for example for children for whom you have parental or guardian responsibility).
2. Cookies and similar tracking technology
We only use tracking cookies (cookies to provide you with relevant advertising, or technology that tracks your behaviour), with your consent. For further information about the type of cookies we use, the reason why we use them, and how you can control your cookies, please see our Cookie Statement.
3. With whom do we share your personal data?
We may share your personal data with:
• Our group companies, our third-party partners and suppliers, professional advisers (such as banks, insurance companies, auditors, lawyers, accountants or other professional advisors), and other parties (such as ICT, service providers, consulting or shipping providers), that process personal data on our behalf for purposes that are described in this Privacy Statement, in our Cookie Statement, or for the purposes notified to you when we collect your personal data. To ensure that your personal data is treated with a high level of protection, AkzoNobel has implemented the AkzoNobel Binding Corporate Rules (‘Privacy Rules for Customer, Supplier and Business Partner Data’), which ensure that every AkzoNobel legal entity applies the same level of protection to personal data. We have also agreed technical, organizational and contractual measures (such as data processing agreements) with third party suppliers to ensure that your personal data is exclusively processed for the purposes mentioned above and to ensure that your personal data is well secured;
• Any competent law enforcement body, regulatory, government agency, court, or other third party if we believe disclosure is necessary: (i) as a matter of applicable law or regulation; (ii) to exercise, establish or defend our legal rights; or (iii) to protect your vital interests or those of any other person;
• Other parties in connection with corporate transactions: we may also, from time to time, share your data in the course of corporate transactions, such as during a sale of a business or a part of a business to another company, or any reorganization, merger, joint venture, or other disposition of our business, assets, or stock, provided that we inform those parties that they can only process your personal data for the purposes disclosed in this Privacy Statement;
• Other parties, but only if you have consented to, or if you have instructed us to make such disclosure to such parties.
4. Where do we store your personal data?
Due to our global way of operating, data you provide to us may be transferred to or accessed by AkzoNobel’s affiliates and trusted third parties from many countries around the world. As a result, your data may be processed outside the country where you live, if this is necessary for the fulfilment of the purposes described in this Statement. Our main servers are in the European Economic Area, but our group companies and third-party suppliers operate around the world. This means that when we process your personal data, we may process it in any of these countries, subject to the following paragraph.
If you are residing in the European Economic Area: countries outside the European Economic Area may have data protection laws that are different to the laws of your country (and, in some cases, not as protective). However, we will always take steps to ensure that your information is processed by third parties in accordance with this Statement and that we comply with applicable legal requirements to ensure adequate protection for your information. We will ensure that if your data is transferred to another country, it will continue to receive adequate protection, through AkzoNobel’s Privacy Rules for Customer, Supplier and Business Partner Data or through contractual arrangements with third parties. This may include implementing the European Commission’s Standard Contractual Clauses for transfers of personal information, which require the recipient of the personal data, to protect the personal data they process in accordance with European Union data protection law.
5. How do we secure your personal data?
Your personal data are treated confidential, and we have taken technical and organizational security measures against loss or unlawful processing of this data. We use several security techniques including secure servers, firewalls and encryption, as well as physical safeguard of the locations where data is stored.
You should be aware that the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do what we reasonably can to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of any personal data that you disclose online. You accept the inherent security implications of using the internet and we will not be responsible for any breach of security unless we have been in breach of applicable laws, and then only to the limits set out in any relevant terms and conditions.
6. How long do we retain personal data?
We will retain your personal data for the period necessary to fulfil the purposes outlined in this Statement, unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by applicable law. For example, to provide you with a service you have requested or to comply with applicable legal, tax, or accounting requirements.
7. What requests can you make in relation to your personal data?
You have the following rights in relation to your personal data:
• You have the right to access, correct, update, or request deletion of your personal data. In addition, you can object to the processing of your personal data, ask us to restrict processing of your personal data or request portability of your personal data. You can exercise these rights by contacting us using the contact details provided below.
• You have the right to withdraw consent (“opt-out”) of marketing communications we send you at any time. You can exercise this right by clicking the unsubscribe or opt-out link in the emails we send you. To opt-out of other forms of marketing, please contact us using the contact details provided below.
• Similarly, if we have collected and processed your personal data with your consent, then you can withdraw your consent at any time. Withdrawing your consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing we conducted prior to your withdrawal, nor will it affect processing of your personal data conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent.
• Whilst we would prefer you to come to us first with any complaints, you have the right to complain to a data protection authority about our collection and use of your personal data. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority.
We respond to all requests we receive from individuals wishing to exercise their data protection rights in accordance with applicable data protection laws.
8. Links to third party websites and social media (such as Facebook, LinkedIn etc.)
We also offer the opportunity to create an account with us through your social network accounts (such as Facebook). This will save you time in creating the account, as your sign-on credentials will be imported from your social network account. Please note that when you use this "social sign-on" option, we may receive certain information via the social network, such as your name, age, location, preferences, occupation, and your other publicly available personal data. This information is not requested by us but is provided automatically by the social network using the social sign-on option. After having created your account, you will have the opportunity to supplement it with any information you want to share with us.
9. Personal data of children who are below the age of 16
If you are below the age of 16, we urge you to ask one of your parents or legal guardians and have their written permission before submitting any of your personal data to us.
If you are a parent, we recommend you monitor your child’s use of our Services and ensure that we do not receive any personal data from your child without your written permission. If you have any question regarding your child’s personal data, please contact us.
10. How to contact us
If you have any questions or concerns about our use of your personal data, please contact us using our contact us form or the following details:
Dulux Decorator Centre UK Privacy Officer
Technical Advice Centre
The legal entity that is responsible for the processing of your personal data as set out in this Privacy Statement is Imperial Chemical Industries Limited.