The Dulux Decorator Centre can recycling service offers customers a solution to the disposal of their empty paint cans.
So, the next time you have an empty can take it back to your local Dulux Decorator Centre to be recycled, or, if you are placing an order for delivery, we can collect your used can.
Whether solvent or water based, 5 litres or 10 litres, we welcome your used cans. Sign up on line or in store in minutes. Every January an annual certificate is issued which shows the number of cans you have recycled in the previous year.
- £0.35p for water based can recycling.
- £0.65p for solvent based can recycling.
What is accepted?
Dulux Trade, Armstead
- Interior Emulsion
- Interior Trim and Undercoats
- Exterior Trim and Undercoats
- Floor Paint
- Masonry Paint
Sikkens & Cuprinol decorative coatings only
- Interior and Exterior Woodcare Stains and Varnish
- Except Cuprinol Sprayable and all its parts
Terms & Conditions
- All cans that you want to recycle must be handed over to DDC staff for booking in and disposal (ie. not left in car park). A receipt will be issued.
- Cans must be nominally empty ie; no more than 1 inch (2.5cm) of residue at bottom of can and must be securely sealed with original lid.
- Paint cans without lids will be accepted for water based products only and provided the remaining paint residue is completely dry
- Damaged cans (e.g. dented or squashed) will only be accepted at the discretion of the DDC staff.
- Cans must only contain material from the original can which must not have been mixed with nor contaminated by any other substance.
- We only accept cans that were originally purchased from Dulux Decorator Centres and reserve the right to reject cans or to put an extra £1.00 administrative charge on each one not meeting this criteria.
- Each can accepted for the recycling scheme will be charged for at a fixed price per can. Fees shall be charged directly to your DDC account and shall be due for payment in the normal way.
- It is your responsibility to ensure all of your employees are made aware of and comply with these Terms and Conditions for participation.
- Failure to comply can result in individual exclusion from the service. We reserve the right to charge for any cans returned in a non-compliant state as described above.
For full Terms & Conditions click here
Sign up now!
Want to take advantage of the only wet paint can recycling scheme currently available in the UK? You can sign up online or in-store the first time you use the service.
Click below for our interactive pdf, which details how you can both demonstrate your sustainable credentials and help your customers make sustainable decorating choices.Download PDF (357KB)